On Saturday, we hiked 15 miles to the foot of Fremont Peak (the dome-shaped mountain in the distance), the third highest peak in Wyoming at 13,745 feet (4,189 m).
We camped in Indian Basin beside a pond. On the menu: tuna, mac 'n cheese, and chocolate for desert. Doesn't food always taste better in the mountains?
On our way up to Fremont Peak, we came across beautiful moss patches.
After 2 hours and 20 minutes, battling wind gushes and crisp temperatures, we reached the summit of Fremont Peak! We shared the summit with a nice couple from New Mexico.
When I peaked over the edge of the mountain, I didn't expect to see Fremont Glacier, one the highest altitude glaciers in the American Rockies. What a sight!
On the other side of the mountain, I could see Titcomb Basin, which most hikers cross to reach Gannet Peak, the highpoint of the Wind River Range at 13,809 feet (4,209 m).
On the other side of the mountain, I could see Titcomb Basin, which most hikers cross to reach Gannet Peak, the highpoint of the Wind River Range at 13,809 feet (4,209 m).
1 comment:
In my next life, we will all be young at the same time and I will be energetic enough to go backpacking with you. How lucky you are to see such beautiful places.
Mom/Kathy
Post a Comment