September 22, 2010

Blez

Can't say I'm too happy to live across the world from this kid, but such is life. Blez (after a few attempts to spell his name correctly in the U.S., we decided that b.l.e.z. might be easier for everyone involved!) spent 10 days visiting family and surfing in San Clemente, CA. Scott and I went over for a three-day fun-filled weekend. It involved...


The 2010 Hurley Pro Surf Competition (for anyone interested, I saw Kelly Slater stretch on the beach and surf huge waves - pretty cool!)


Messing around in San Diego (really impressed with the downtown area and the variety of local shops and restaurants)


Surfing in wet suits


Visiting with Baya, touring Universal Studios, walking up and down Hollywood's Star Walk, and eating nowhere else but at Snoop Dogg's favorite joint: Roscoe's House of Chicken n' Waffles! I ate my first ever fried chicken. A half fried chicken at that. Yup, you heard that right!


Blaise is on his way back to Switzerland as I type... I can't think about it too much, or I might cry... We had loads of fun. Can't wait to have some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Blez is a better way to spell it for us americans.-Brent

Steph said...

Aw, miss you guys! Come back!!