Our good friends from Salt Lake City, Lou and Tracy, came to visit us for 10 days. So Scott and I took a week off and planned a whirlwind vacation spanning three countries, with altitudes ranging from 14 to 3796 m (46 to 12454 ft). We start in Rome or the Eternal City.
At the time of our visit, the Colosseum was the site of the 2012 Maratona di Roma finish.
Nope. We're not in Venice, but do stripes ever go out of style? I didn't think so.
While we were there, we met up with our good friends, Gian Luca and Alissia, who guided us through Rome's ancient wonders...
The Vatican.
The Pantheon.
Pretty girl.
I was very moved by the Pantheon's dome and its "oculus" or opening to the sky...
I want to visit the Pantheon when it is raining one day... It must be quite a sight to see the rain enter and fall to the floor.
Friends in perspective.
Spanish Steps at dusk.
A beautiful Roman sunset.
And, good food in good company. Next? Chamonix, France!
No comments:
Post a Comment