February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day: Tales from an Igloo


On Valentine's Day, Vanessa, Blaise, Scott and I went to a romantic restaurant tobogganing, all decked out in our fancy snow clothes! Now folks, Leysin takes its tobogganing s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y. Simply put, tobogganing is more like... bobsleigh.


And there's a reason for that. Every winter, Silvio Giobellina, Olympic medal winner and bobsleigh world champion, creates steep slopes and bends, including a Big Air Bag jump. Watch as Vanessa, Scott and I take off!




After a few runs and a couple big airs, we naturally headed to an igloo for dinner!


Table for 4?


"Please follow me. I'll show you to your table..."


Penguins? Best. Company. Ever.


Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without cards, flowers, and chocolates fondue and mulled wine!


I'm not sure we can top this one...


Happy Valentine's to one and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky devils! Glad you're all still in one piece. Leysin rocks!

Kathy

katie said...

love it! such a better valentines day that the boring expected one.