November 6, 2011
Lausanne (Half) Marathon
When I arrived in Switzerland last September, Blaise's girlfriend, Vanessa, asked if I was going to run the Lausanne Marathon on October 30... This would be her first marathon! Although I wish I could have run the full, I registered for the half. Little did I know that I would have NO time to train, with moving, doing endless paperwork, looking for a job, interviewing, etc.
I was a little nervous at the start, but decided to just run and have fun, without worrying about time. I'm so glad I did! The course followed the fall-accented terraced vineyards along Lake Geneva, from La Tour-de-Peilz to Ouchy, through picturesque winegrowers' villages.
While Vanessa completed her first marathon in 3:53 (!), I ran in 1:45. Definitely slower than usual, but worth every minute. Regardless of our time, we felt like winners!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go ladies! You inspire me Jennifer! Love and miss you! Muah!
Post a Comment